Thursday, July 16, 2009

Taking the first step...

I'm not exactly sure why it has taken me so long to take the plunge and begin blogging. I guess I've been fearful of embarrassing myself by looking or sounding stupid. I've caught myself thinking "I'm not interesting enough" or "who cares what I have to say." Whether any of that is true or not, I've decided that I will be blogging for me rather than for others (it's less scary that way)...and if others happen to relate or benefit by what I have to say, then GREAT, but what I've come to realize is that writing is very therapeutic for me. It helps clear the cobwebs.

I think back to my high school days when I used to keep a journal under my bed. I wrote in it almost every day. Some days, I went to it more than once to clear my head and work through my thoughts. Reflecting back on my writing helped me make decisions and know with confidence that I was moving in the right direction. I look back on those years and realize that was probably when I had the strongest sense of self, a deeper spiritual connection and a sense of overall balance.

I'm ready to claim my life and stop living in fear. Life is too short hold back any longer, so here we go!

No comments: