Saturday, July 18, 2009

If We Won the Lottery...

Last night, my hubby and I were discussing what we would do if we won the $27 million currently sitting in the Mega Millions pot. He said to me, "it's okay to dream up a plan, I actually played this week!" I remember thinking...we should dare to dream either way. Maybe it's completely naive of me, but I just feel that if you don't start dreaming BIG for your life, then the chances of BIG things happening are slim to none.

We talked about purchasing homes in multiple cities across the US. Somewhere on the coast of FL (my family is in Gainesville), Cape Cod (his family is in Norwell just outside of Boston), downtown Chicago (he loves the Cubs), San Diego (I've heard great things, plus, some of my favorite tweeps seem to reside there), and lastly, somewhere cool in Colorado (I first knew I was in love when we took a ski trip to Vail!)

Ultimately, the conversation wasn't about all of the material possessions we would purchase, but more about what we would do with our time. Don't get me wrong, a few nice things wouldn't be such a bad thing, but really and truly, we both talked about how we would love to have the freedom and flexibility to travel and experience more as well as spend more time with the ones we love.

I started dreaming up the non-profits I would like to start and small businesses too. Winning would give me the capital to make those things happen.

I began to realize something... If I believe in something enough and want something bad enough, God will help me find a way to make it happen. I truly believe that. More than anything, I want to help people. I want to impact the quality of others lives. That's something that literally keeps me up EVERY night more and more as time passes. I'm filled with ideas, but how do I know what the right one is? How do I know if any of them are part of my destiny or if that's yet to be discovered? How do I know what my "calling" or purpose truly is? I absolutely believe I have one, but for me, knowing with certainty is what plagues me.

Again, cobwebs...I feel like I'm all over the place with ideas, excitement, anticipation, uncertainty, fear, enthusiasm... so many overlapping emotions. At this point, I'm going to try to live in the moment and take notice of "signs" that can steer me in the right direction. It's only a matter of time before I know what direction to take things. My focus is to determine how I can best impact the lives of others and earn some income so that I can take care of my family too. Stay tuned!

No comments: