Wednesday, January 27, 2010

That Darn Cat

I was thinking of starting another blog under an alias to tell all of the ridiculously embarrassing stories of random things that happen to me. Just when I think I couldn't possibly be any more embarrassed, something else happens. The thing is, I'm not all that great with keeping up with this blog, so why would I want to spend more time starting another one to tell these stories...simply because I would be mortified if people that I actually know read them?! Ehhh

Well, I suppose I'm lazy and I'll share this story with you...even if a few people I know happen to stumble upon it.

I often joke that I live on a mini farm. I have a cat and two dogs in a humble little three bedroom ranch. My kitty is about 10 years old and has recently discovered that she LOVES being outdoors. Now that it's winter in Chicago, she can't spend nearly as much time outside. We keep a litter box in the house, but she rarely has to use it since she has learned that she can just go outside.

Through the winter months, she has decided that she enjoys sleeping in my closet under my low hanging clothes. Not quite sure why, but she sneaks in there a lot these days. I've started noticing that she gets shut in there sometimes without me realizing she was in there in the first place. Not good...


It's the start of the new year and like millions of other Americans, I'm ready to shed this extra (baby)weight. My trainer likes to think of it as excess stored energy. ;) Sweet, huh! Anyway, I tend to leave my gym bag on the floor in my closet. My husband was rushing me to hurry up so we wouldn't be late for our appointment to drop Brady off in the infant room. He usually drops me at the door to take Brady in while he parks the car.

I was standing in line with Brady sitting on the counter and I'm digging in my gym bag for my membership card when I hear, "Kelli, Oh my gosh! I didn't know you go to this gym!" I was like, "Well, yeah we got the membership back in August when Brady was old enough for childcare, but I'm not as regular as I would like to be."

My friend notices that I'm digging in my bag for my card. She reaches in to help me because she thought she saw it. What does she end up grabbing? Oh yeah! You guessed it... dried up cat poop. Are you freakin' kidding me? Mortifying!!!

I wish I would have had the time to go through it before I left the house. I keep the bag packed for the next visit, so I didn't really need to. I just had to throw a water bottle in. Ohhh my gosh! I can't believe I haven't seen this girl in forever and she just grabbed dried up cat poop from my bag while trying to help me find my card. She avoided me the next time I ran into her in the gym. Go figure!

No comments: