Sunday, January 31, 2010

Naperville Moms Network

I’m not sure why I haven’t been talking or blogging much about the Naperville Moms Network or NMN as I like to call it. It’s kind of weird actually because it’s my little (or BIG) project right now.

NMN is a social network that I created to connect a local “community of moms empowering moms.”  There are monthly events to bring this diverse network of mamas together as well.

I launched it December 1, 2009 at a local family owned restaurant. I had about 20 women show and stay beyond the time we had the private room reserved for. It was amazing to see these women out having a good time, connecting with friends and making new ones. It was very apparent that this was meeting a huge need in the community. I was really happy with the turnout and the feedback.

Since the launch, we have over 150 moms and continue to grow every day by word of mouth. We’ve been featured in the newspaper and on the local TV station. I’m amazed and excited to see the potential here. I feel like my vision for this community of moms is becoming a reality and people’s lives are being impacted positively.

I have a great feeling about the future of this group, but I’m definitely getting out of my comfort zone more and more as we grow. I just pray that I will continue to have clarity  on the direction I’m supposed to take this thing. This is not “mine” …I’m just the facilitator and vehicle to making it happen. I have a huge responsibility to this amazing community of women and to my Creator that has lead me to do this.

I’ll try to continue to update on NMN. It should continue to be an interesting ride!

Technorati Tags: ,

Naperville Moms Network

No comments: