Monday, September 28, 2009

My Gemini Twin

I've been thinking about starting another blog.

When I think about it, it's kind of ridiculous how many stories I'm just dying to tell, but can't because they are too embarrassing or unladylike or politically incorrect. The thing is, I'm not that proper. I don't have it all together. I don't embody the perfect domestic housewife and mom.

Although I know I'm not perfect, I'm just not willing to risk my reputation by talking about things "you're just not supposed to talk about." I'll be honest, I do worry way too much about what others think of me; BIG flaw of mine that I'll own up to. I actually really hate that about myself. But the stories I want to tell, I definitely wouldn't tell my parents or even some of my close friends. The overall feeling or feedback I would undoubtably get, would be "whoa, TMI (too much information)!" There would be some chuckles, but ultimately, these are just things that people I'm close to probably wouldn't want to know those kind of intimate details. In fact, I'm sure of it!

I'm tickled by some of these experiences and my husband is too. I think that people reading these stories would laugh histerically. They might even be able to relate on some level. I'm sure I'll be telling stories that are way more common than I even realize. Again, these are the stories and experiences of everyday life, but no one EVER talks about them.

I'm approaching this from the point of view of my "Gemini Twin." Yes, I'm a gemini and everyone knows that geminis are characterized as having two personalities. This "other" blog will be my "other" personality sharing blunt, hilarious, detailed life experiences about getting married, getting pregnant, living pregnant for 10 months (yes, 10 months folks - 40 weeks), living pregnant with dogs, living with a newborn, intimacy, and so much more.

I was so angry when I was pregnant. My sister has three children. I thought she shared EVERYTHING there is to know about being pregnant. I thought I knew what I was up against. WRONG! Not to mention all of the things I went through for the first 6 weeks of Brady's life. I was pissed off to be quite frank! I'll put the REAL deal out there for all to read.

I'm laughing just thinking of the first blog entry. This will be an interesting journey!

2 comments:

Talki said...

"I'll be honest, I do worry way too much about what others think of me; BIG flaw of mine that I'll own up to. I actually really hate that about myself." - we have that in common! Im a people pleaser to a fault.

<3 your blog hun- your new baby is such a cutie, congrats :)

Kelli Thompson said...

Happy to know I'm not the only one! Thanks :) xoxo